Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Scott Goldman - The Wireless Wizard

Hi - I'm Scott Goldman.  My Friends Call Me "The Wireless Wizard."

For years I've been conceptualizing, launching, building, operating, licensing and, in several cases, selling wireless businesses around the world.  During my time in the wireless industry I've traveled to more than 20 countries to help governments and my clients, written books, magazine articles, blog posts, introductions to other people's books, given speeches, been interviewed more than 500 times (no, that's not a typo) in print, radio, TV, live webcasts and much more.

What I like to do most of all (besides cycling) is extract the productive power for myself and others from the device that seems to be in every pocket or purse, the ubiquitous cell phone. I'm not a hacker, "modder" or code warrior - instead, I like to take a cell phone as it comes out of the box and tweak it, customize it and empower it to make my life easier.

After answering countless questions about cell phones, wireless email, Internet access and everything else "tech" that didn't have wires my friends starting calling me The Wireless Wizard.

I'm the guy that people turn to and ask, "Hey, how do you do..." with their phone, Blackberry, Bluetooth device, etc. And, almost without fail, I answer those questions.

Now my intention is to answer yours. Free of charge, anytime, about any issues regarding wireless. Why? Because I believe that most people don't get a fraction of the productivity, feature use and just plain fun out of their mobile devices.

Author, Consultant, Speaker, Entrepreneur,Trainer and "Wireless Wizard"

I've been called an author, consultant, speaker, trainer and certifiable Macintosh and wireless wizard.  It's been said that you do best at the things you love - but I don't love technology... I love what technology can DO for people.
Ever since I was a little kid I've been hiding wires - tucking them underneath carpets, pushing them under baseboards and generally trying to eliminate them from my life. No offense meant to the wire manufacturers of the world, but wires stink. They are restrictive, binding and limiting. My 25-year career has been dedicated to helping people improve their lives and their businesses by un-wiring themselves. In short, I want everyone to GO WIRELESS (NOTE: I just sold the domain name "GoWireless.com" for a pretty substantial amount of money. While I can't use that domain name any longer, I still want people to "go wireless.")

When I finished school (SUNY Cortland, in lovely, but freezing upstate NY) I decided that I wanted to be a radio disk jockey. I struggled to get into the very tight "personality" market for a while and became frustrated at the lack of opportunities. So, I figured that getting in through a back door would be the right approach.

During an interview with what I thought was an FM music station, the sales manager demonstrated a device that beeped when its phone number was called. I was hooked on wireless right then and there.

Thanks for spending the time to look around.

Scott Goldman
aka The Wireless Wizard