During the course of my career I've written more magazine articles, newsletter entries, blog posts, speeches and other assorted missives than I can count. I've also written a couple of books about the industry. Here are some selected publications:
- How analog, TDMA, & CDMA are like three cocktail parties
- How The Beach Boys & lakes can help explain radio waves
- How the wireless industry is like playing Wheel of Fortune
- How FM radio reveals advanced wireless technology
- How the Internet will change the wireless industry
- The Intro
- Explanation of radio waves
- History of mobile services
- How mobile phones connect to the landline network
- CDMA, GSM, PCS and cellular - and other acronyms
- How cellular increases capacity
- Capacity and service providers
- Internet access and advanced technology
The Cooper Report - Written in 1986, this was the first-ever study of cellular subscriber user habits. Written on behalf of Martin Cooper, a longtime pioneer, inventor and businessman in the wireless industry, it took data from the billing company he and Arlene Harris owned at the time and extrapolated it to form conclusions about how people did, and would, use cell phones in the future.
At the time of it's publication it was a landmark publication for the industry.